Love is sure one of the best feelings in the world. People promise to stay together, live up to each other’s expectations, keep each other happy and what not! We common man, always look up for relationship goals at our favourite celebrity couples. Every relationship goes through its own ups and downs, highs and lows, drama and more drama over various issues.
Talking about celebrity couples, we always thought that some of them were in it for life- until they hit their own drama and went their separate ways, breaking our hearts, and turning us into the most emotional of wrecks.
So, here are six celebrity couples who we really did think we’re in this thing called love for life.
- Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens: After meeting at auditions for ‘High School Musical’ in 2005, the couple went from strength-to-strength both on and off-screen, with rumours of an engagement spreading in 2009. However, rather than tie the knot, the pair went their separate ways in December 2010, with Vanessa later admitting that she struggled with the amount of attention Zac got from his female fans.
- Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake: As it turns out, the couple that dresses in double denim together doesn’t necessarily stay together. Britney and Justin first met when they were cast in The Mickey Mouse Club in 1992 and began dating after eight years in 2000. However, even after their double denim dream date, the couple split in 2002 after three years of dating and those cheating rumours.
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: Arguably the most beautiful couple to ever exist, Jen and Brad tied the knot in July 2000, after meeting on a blind date a year earlier. Although they will live on in our hearts forever, they announced their split in 2005 and got divorced later that year, citing “irreconcilable differences”. While they both went on happily re-marry, Brad has recently found himself single yet again. We are still not over it, tbh. Are we?
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom: If there was one couple guaranteed to turn us into the heart eyed emoji, it was these two- which is why it was such a shock when they announced their split in 2013 after three years of marriage and the birth of their son Flynn in 2011. Miranda recently tied the knot for a second time with Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel while Orlando split from Katy Perry earlier this year.
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber: Jelena’s rocky relationship started when they first met in 2009, although they didn’t make their romance official until 2011. Their first split came in November 2012 before Justin confirmed they were back in 2014. It wasn’t long before they split again though, and while it seemed they were on and off for a while, Selena has now moved on with The Weekend.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Yes, we are sadly talking about Brangelina, who practically made the world do a collective gasp when they announced their shock split. The pair, who were brought together during the filming for ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’, were first pictured together in 2005, two months after Jennifer Aniston had filed for divorce from Brad. Then, in January 2006, Angelina announced that she was pregnant with Brad’s child. Brangelina went on to get engaged in 2012 before tying the knot in a private ceremony in 2014.
however, things were sadly not meant to be, with Angelina filing divorce from Brad in September 2016, citing ‘irreconcilable differences’.